Mr. Almeida is a partner with the firm. He was born in Rahway, New Jersey. He graduated from Rutgers University in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism and Mass Media. He is a graduate of the Livingston College Honors Program and received High Honors from the Department of Journalism and Mass Media. He earned his Law Degree from Rutgers University School of Law-Newark in 1995. At Rutgers Law School he was a member of the National Mock Trial Team, a recipient of the Jacobs Memorial Scholarship for trial advocacy, and a member of the Order of Barristers.
Mr. Almeida was admitted to the Bar in New Jersey in 1995 and in New York in 1996. He was admitted to the Bar for the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey in 1996 and the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in 1999.
Mr. Almeida is a former newspaper journalist and his reporting earned him the 1990 New Jersey Press Association Award for spot news coverage. He served as law clerk to the Hon. Kenneth R. Stein, J.S.C. during the 1995-96 term of the New Jersey Superior Court.
After his clerkship, Mr. Almeida served as an associate with the firm of Segilman, Smith, Kane & Perrone of Roseland, NJ, where he represented defendants in personal injury claims. From 2001 through 2007, Mr. Almeida engaged in the solo practice of law in Woodbridge, NJ, where he handled a wide variety of legal matters including plaintiff’s personal injury, workers compensation, employment law, and criminal and municipal court cases. During this time, Mr. Almeida served as a special public defender in the Woodbridge Township and Perth Amboy municipal courts. In 2007, Mr. Almeida joined the firm of Ginarte, O’Dwyer. Gonzalez, Gallardo & Winograd of Newark, NJ where he exclusively represented plaintiffs in a wide variety of personal injury and employment matters, including automobile accidents, workplace accidents, fall-down accidents, as well as employment cases dealing with workplace harassment and discrimination.
Mr. Almeida has tried numerous cases to verdict and recovered millions of dollars for injured plaintiffs in state and federal court. His jury verdicts have been reported in the New Jersey Jury Verdict Review & Analysis, The New Jersey Law Journal, Verdict Search – New Jersey, and other publications.
Mr. Almeida joined the firm of Rudolph & Kayal in 2010. His practice focuses on the trial of personal injury, defamation, and employment cases in New Jersey state and federal courts.
Mr. Almeida is a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly ATLA-NJ) and the Bar Association of Middlesex and Essex counties. He is a graduate of the C Willard Heckel, American Inn of Court.
Areas of Practice
- Trial of Personal Injury
- Employment Cases
- New Jersey, 1995
- New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1999
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law – Newark, Newark, New Jersey – 1995
- Honors: Member, National Mock Trial Team
- Honors: Jacobs Memorial Scholarship for Trial Advocacy
- Honors: Member, Order of Barristers
- Rutgers University
- B.A. – 1989
- Honors: Livingston College Honors Program
- Honors: With High Distinction
- Major: Journalism and Mass Media
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Association for Justice (formerly ATLA-NJ), Member
- Bar Association of Middlesex and Essex Counties, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Hon. Kenneth R. Stein, J.S.C., Law Clerk, 1995 – 1996
- Segilman, Smith, Kane & Perrone of Roseland, NJ, Associate
- Solo Practice of Law in Woodbridge, 2001 – 2007
- Ginarte, O’Dwyer. Gonzalez, Gallardo & Winograd of Newark, NJ, 2007